FutureFantasyOnline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FutureFantasyOnline

Futuristic Fantasy RPG Site

You are not connected. Please login or register

the haunted music house

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1the haunted music house Empty the haunted music house Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:50 am

kamoku

kamoku
Grade 1
Grade 1

this place is extremely run-down and was built after the great collision with primitive tools and such due to the destruction of everything. it is made out of limestone and the mirrors are clouded and broken. there is a ballet room, a piano and several other rooms with musical insturments. the only insturments that are dusted is the piano, violins and 2 very old music boxes. one that plays 'moonlight' by bathoven and the other that plays an unknown but pretty lullaby song.

picture of the place:
Spoiler:

inside:
Spoiler:

2the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:54 am

kamoku

kamoku
Grade 1
Grade 1

kamoku walked into his large home. he had been here since he could remember. the old stones giving him a fraction of what he thought his old home looked like when he was alive. he had been to the libraries and assumed he was from the 1800s due to his black tophat and proper getup, even the monocle stuck in his front pocket that dagled by a delecate chain told him he died a long time ago.
he walked over lovingly to the music box and set it by the piano. he screwed it up tight and let it play, and together they both played ' moonlight' together. waiting until it turned dark out so he could roam around, trying to figure out why he was here.

3the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:21 pm

kamoku

kamoku
Grade 1
Grade 1

whan kamoku finished, he just sighed. stroking the keys of the ancient marble. they didnt have any of these in this world. beutiful pianos made to entertain live. not with robots and speakerphones in everyones ear. the air was suposed to sing and dance before your ears. it was suposed to weavy colors for your hearing so you could get lost into it.
kamoku smiled at that thought. he could play bethoven songs night and day and never get tired of them. if only he had a small companion, a friend to pull him back into the cold reality that he was dead, that everyone he knew before was dead and that this whole world was fighting just for the hell of it. there was no sweet peace because no one wanted it. they never knew the sweet serenity of the colourful music of peace, and so they could never crave for it.
kamoku got up from the piano and began cleaning the dust from it and the music box. he walked over to play the violin. the high and lows of the bows was nice. though he assumed this was the only one since horses died in the great collide and the bow of violins were made of horsehair. he closed his eyes and let the music carry him. it could be heard outside also and a crowd gatherd around the house. thinking it was hainted by the beutiful music. if someone walked in, all they would see was a violin suspended in the air.

4the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:16 pm

Ember

Ember
Grade 1
Grade 1

Ember walked into the house and followed the music. "I wonder if it would stop when I come in the room." She walked into the room were the music was the loudest and looked around. "Very roomy...and a special item?" She stared in shock at the floating vilon. "Well this is new."

5the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:20 am

kamoku

kamoku
Grade 1
Grade 1

kamoku saw the girl and quickly set down the old petrified violin. he materialized to be visible to the girl and bowed, saying in an apologetic voice. " im sorry! im so sorry! was i bothering you, miss??" he continued to bow and see if different languages worked on her in case old 1800 english didnt work for her.

6the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Ember

Ember
Grade 1
Grade 1

ooc: lol

"Umm no actually i wanted to hear more." She replied when he spoke english. She sat down in a nearby chair. "So how long have you been a ghost?"

7the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:29 am

kamoku

kamoku
Grade 1
Grade 1

kamoku stopped apologizing and looked up from his constant bowing in suprise. he stood up akwardly and stratched the back of his neck. "uh... around 2000 years, ma'am. you want me to play a song? which one would you like?" he picked up his petrified sitcase and pulled out some old looking leather gloves. he put them on his transparent hands and quietly awaited her reply.

8the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:32 am

Ember

Ember
Grade 1
Grade 1

"Anything really." She replied.

9the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:51 am

kamoku

kamoku
Grade 1
Grade 1

kamoku nodded and sat on the piano chair and adjusted his gloves. and loked at the old piano. he then began to play with care, so as not to rise too much dust into the air of the vast room. only one seat filled in, yet kamoku felt nervouse. in the 1800's he would play for hundreds of people along with violin, chello, base, and harp. yet it had been over 2000 years since those fateful years. though no matter how much he thought as he was playing, he could never figure out his death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2nG1bt7IBM&feature=related

10the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:05 pm

Ember

Ember
Grade 1
Grade 1

When the song ended she smiled at him. "That was lovely dear." She got up and sat on the piano bench. "You are really skilled. How long have you been playing?"

11the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:52 am

kamoku

kamoku
Grade 1
Grade 1

kamoku stiffend and his face solidified for a second, accidentally showing his flushed, beet red face. he turned and coughed akwardly and stared at the ceiling. doing the math. " before and after the funeral? i think... exactly 2,230 years not counting this year. and when i died i was currently 15... so i guess i was playing since i was 5." he figeted on the bench and stared at the keys. it had been awhile since he was this close to a human, and the last time he was, he was...he didnt know what had happend. all he knew was that he was close to a human when he died. and just that memory made him nervouse.

12the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:41 pm

Ember

Ember
Grade 1
Grade 1

"5??? I'm lucky to know what a piano is." She ran her fingers across the keys sometimes playing a note. "I always loved the way they looked. I want one but whats the point if you can't play it."

13the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:19 am

kamoku

kamoku
Grade 1
Grade 1

kamoku smiled. looseninghis shoulders. " its never too late to learn. do you know the scales from singing? do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do. its the same as that, but there are many more scales. there are 88 keys in all. 40 black keys, 48 white keys and 11 octaves. the 8 scales equals one octave. are you following?" he asked. he trilled all 88 by sweeping his hands over all of the keys, he then swept the black and white keys. he played the high and low octaves that were on eithr side of the piano. this whole time he kept his face hidden by his old tophat.

14the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Ember

Ember
Grade 1
Grade 1

"I might be here for a while." She sighed looking at the keys. "I never took singing classes either, no music at all."

15the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:48 pm

kamoku

kamoku
Grade 1
Grade 1

luckily, kamoku was skilled in most classical insturments. and what was more classic than your very own bodily insturment? kamoku hummed all of the scales and octaves. from the highest note to the lowest. " do you get it? each one is slightly higher or lower by a sub fraction. just imagine tiny fish scales that are lined up in a row, each one slightly larger than the next. 88 of them. though i imagine turtles. for some reason i like turtles..." he explained in his wavery voice. each word as transparent as his own frame. though the last sentence was more to himself than to her.

16the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:02 am

Ember

Ember
Grade 1
Grade 1

"Oh I see." She pressed all the black keys then the white ones."So were you forced to play or did you want to?" She asked him curiously.

17the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:32 am

kamoku

kamoku
Grade 1
Grade 1

kamoku watched the girls hands on the keys. " everyone knew how to play, i guess i just did it more than most. it became the butter to my bread, and the body to this soul. even now, when i have no urge to eat and only smell, when i play an insturment. it makes me feel like im alive and well. when i play sad songs, it feels like im in love. when i play happy songs it feels like i just ran very far." kamoku looked up from his trance and his face went whitish pink. "im sorry! im rambling like an old man again!" he laughed akwardly and rubbed the back of his neck out of habit.

18the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:02 am

Ember

Ember
Grade 1
Grade 1

She chuckled. "Its okay. You have been alone for a long time."

19the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:13 am

kamoku

kamoku
Grade 1
Grade 1

kamoku tared, his face blank. how did this girl know how he felt? it was strange how she understood. he looked back down on the piano. " anyway, all of these sounds converge into a melody." kamoku played a few bars of fur lease. "see? its sort of like talking. you just need to think a not is a word and a song is a statement. the greeks were the ones who discoverd music. they called it the voice of the gods." he said, playing a bit of 'amazing grace' as sort of an ironic joke.

20the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:44 am

Ember

Ember
Grade 1
Grade 1

"Oh I see. A statement... So what are you going to teach me first?" She asked a bit excited about her first music lesson.

21the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:22 am

kamoku

kamoku
Grade 1
Grade 1

"hm... just a few exersices. the names of the chords and stuf dont really matter once youve memorized all 88 of the keys and can play them by ear. copy this." he made a few quick taps on the piano that sounded like a bird chirping. " once you memorize that, we will go with hand exercises. i realized that it takes the same muscles in your wrist for swordfighting as it does with playing insturments. it ust goes to show that no matter how art varies, it exersises the things that make us human." he said quetly, faltering on the last sentence. his voice was fading a bit as he talked. he set his hand over his face as he sputterd in and out of her vision. " im sorry, it seems i dont have enough power just yet to continue. please practice as much as you can while i rest. it would make me happy if you would come by tomorrow."
with that, kamoku turned into a small light and drifted into the pile of his things. the petrified suitcase, the leather gloves, the rusted cane and the dirty tophat. all of those was his things. that he lugged around for hundreds of years. just like the old egyptian souls, he resided in these objects.

22the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:32 pm

Ember

Ember
Grade 1
Grade 1

She nodded and played the notes a few times before getting up to leave. "Well see you later I guess."

23the haunted music house Empty Re: the haunted music house Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:51 am

kamoku

kamoku
Grade 1
Grade 1

there was a slight glow from the objects, showing that kamoku understood. he was glad that the girl had came and practiced. it reminded him of when another music hall had been active after the great searing heat in the year 2000. there were several mistakes in their lessons but the sweet tune every so often kept him interested. enthused that little ones were learning of what he had acomplished. he even heard some of his own works complimented and played by the older ones who could decipher his handiwork from the old 200 year old workbooks.
things like this brought back memories. after several hours of listening to the outside world as he rested, he felt better and rose from the objects enough so he could get breakfast. he pulled out a lavender incense stick from a huge barrel and lit it on a steel table. he prpped it up on an old glass ciggarette lighter and sat there, breathing in his sustenance. as long as there was smells, living organisms and music in this world, he would be alive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum